|We are open all year round and accessible by 4x2 vehicles.
Only 4 –4 ½ hours drive from the outskirts of Lusaka
Transfers and Air Charters can be arranged
Various aircraft options are available. For details of other routes and air bookings contact us for a referral.
Transfers from Lusaka to Kafue National Park in 4X4 vehicles may be arranged. The travelling time from the outskirts of Lusaka is approximately 4 –4 ½ hours. Please contact us for pricing and bookings.
The main tourist season is from 15 May – 30 November; however we are open during the rainy season as well. You will be able to reach the game lodge with a 4 x 2 vehicle all year round.
- From Lusaka head in a westerly direction on the M9 tar road for 150km.
- Take the turn-off to Mumbwa
- After approximately 3km you will reach a traffic circle, turn left at the first exit.
Note: Mumbwa is the last fueling point (Fuel is not always available here, thus fill your tank and jerry cans in Lusaka). From Mumbwa to Leopard Lodge and back is approximately 200kms. So it is recommended to fill-up at Mumbwa Filling Station if fuel is available. (14° 59.457' S; 27° 03.617' E).
Set your odometer in Mumbwa at the traffic circle to zero. The gravel road from Mumbwa to the camp has been re-gravelled, however the road can degrade owing to wet conditions and 2 – 2:15 hours should be allowed for to reach the pontoon, which is 4km before the lodge. (Note the pontoon only operates between 06H00 – 18H00)
- Drive for approximately 1km and turn right (14º59.621'S; 27º03.011'E) on the first gravel road (D181).
- Drive approximately 33.2 km to where the road forks, take the left fork. (14º 45.599' S; 26º 54.376' E).
- At odometer reading 40.3 km you will pass Chitunda Open Air Reform School on left. Keep right.
- At odometer reading 62.3 km you should reach Kabalushi Gate (to enter Kafue National Park), (14º 40.727' S; 26º 39.338' E)
- At odometer reading 82 km the road will fork again. Keep right. To the left is the Hippo Mine turn-off (14º 37.866' S, 26º 29.659'E)
- Drive on this road for approximately 8 km until you reach the Kafue River
- Cross the river with the pontoon on payment of US20/ vehicle.
- Drive for another 3.5 km and then turn off the main track (D181) sign posted Leopard Lodge at GPS TULOEP 14º32.700'S; 26º28.082'E.
- Follow this two track road for 1.6 km until you reach the camp.