What to Bring
Summer in Kafue National Park is rainy and hot whilst in winter the days are warm but the evenings can get chilly at the game lodge.
We highly recommend that you bring comfortable walking shoes/boots and light clothes for walking safaris. Warm clothes (a light jacket), and gloves may be needed for the early morning and evening drives, especially in the winter months.
Note: If you are arriving by air, the charter flight companies normally have a 15 kg weight limit per person.
Laundry is done at the camp twice a week at an additional cost.
• Natural coloured clothes for walks (nothing bright)
• Warm clothes for early morning and evening drives (remember gloves)
• Good pair of hiking shoes/boots
• Bath sandals or "flip flops"
• Malaria prophylaxis (check with your international health professional)
• Prescription medications to cover the length of your stay plus extra just in case
• Good camera, lots of film (If not digital) and spare batteries
• Good pair of binoculars is recommended
• Lens cleaner
• Torch / Flashlight
• Mosquito and tsetse fly repellent
• Personal toiletries
• Day pack/bag
• Cash (for time spent in town/airport & small currency for tips)
• Even though we do have a comprehensive first aid kit at the game lodge, it is always advisable to bring a personal kit.
•Video camera and charging system (automobile charging adaptor, 220V is available at the camp)
•Fishing tackle (if interested in fishing) even though it is available at the game lodge
•Good books to read
•All power outlets are three point round sockets (South African Specification), thus bring along adaptors.
One of the joys of being at the private game lodge is its remoteness and the solitude, which does have the disadvantage of not being able to pop into town quickly for emergencies. So to ensure you enjoy this wildlife experience in Kafue National Park to the fullest, please come well prepared.